Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Adult Piano Student Wine & Cheese Event

On Friday evening, four of our adult students and their significant others joined my husband and I in the piano rooms for our first "Adult Piano Student Wine & Cheese Event".

Over the years, I have discovered that piano can be a "lonely hobby".  Because there are so many other activities for people to choose from, sometimes it can be challenging to students to find others to connect with to chat about their frustrations and successes at the piano.  I have also discovered that this is especially true for our Adult Piano Students.  So, I planned this event for our adult students to see if this could provide them with an opportunity to talk with other adult students.  I also wanted to provide a forum for our adult students to perform that was different than the big Winter Holiday Recital I put together for our younger students.

I planned the event for two hours and was uncertain as to how it would actually go.  I think I know the answer to my own question, as our guests were here for over four hours! 

I must say there was a lot of laughter. There were a lot of piano related discussions.  There many other discussions too!  Our guests ate, drank and seemed to have a terrific time.  There even was some piano playing for each other!  One guest brought a guitar and gave us a little performance too!

So, a big thank you shout out to our adult students and their significant others for joining us for a really fun filled evening.

I am already making plans for our next Adult Student Event...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send your thoughts.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones