Thursday, January 21, 2010

Piano Tuning

Hello Pianists & Piano Owners!

As I type this, I am listening to the beautiful sounds of my beloved piano being tuned!

This is a friendly reminder to those of you who own pianos to have your piano tuned on a regular basis. I have mine tuned twice a year (in the middle of winter & the middle of summer).

Well cared for pianos have a life span of about 50 years. Pianos are made out of materials that are affected by their environment (wood, felt & leather). So a piano will go "out of tune" with the change in heat & humidity.

It is easier to practice on an instrument that is working properly!

Having your piano tuned is a lot like having the oil changed in your car. If you have it done on regular basis, your car will run better & last longer...

If you need information on finding a piano technician - please let me know. I would be more than happy to pass along a few names & numbers!

Ok, I will get off of my soapbox - because I can hardly wait to play my piano! It sounds amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send your thoughts.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones