Monday, November 2, 2009

Lesson week of 11/2 & Housekeeping Items

Hello all!

I opted to post quite a bit of information here instead of my regular group e-mail format for a number of reasons, please provide me with your feedback! Some of you check the blog or Facebook more frequently actual e-mail. Once I post information here, I can easily post it on my Facebook wall and it is sent to my e-mail in box which I can then easily forward to all of you. In a true urgent emergency, I would contact each of you individually by telephone (as I did for some of you yesterday).

As many of you already know, I canceled lessons today (11/2) due to my son having a fever and a cough. Late this afternoon, my daughter started with a fever. Both of them will be fine and are doing quite well. I have an appointment for my daughter in the morning. I will know more then.

I will not be offering make up lessons on Tuesday (11/3) as I previously mentioned.

I will keep you posted regarding lessons on Wednesday & Thursday this week.

Until this fall, I had only canceled lessons 1 other time in 2 1/2 years (due to my daughter being ill last fall). I apologize that so far this fall I have had to cancel twice. However this fall seems to have been an unusual fall for many of our friends and families. The other week I had 11 of my piano students out sick! That was a record!

All Recital Participation Fees (due 10/31) & Late Lesson Payments will be due when your scheduled lessons resume.

Please let me know via e-mail (if you have not already done so) if you plan to participate in the Annual Winter Recital on Saturday, December 12th. Our mandatory rehearsal will be on Tuesday, December 8th

As a reminder, I will not be teaching on Thursday, November (Thanksgiving Day) 26 or Thursday, December 17th. (I will offer make up lessons on Friday, December 18th.) I will not be teaching Wednesday, December 24th - Sunday, January 3rd. All lessons will resume as scheduled the week of January 4th. As you become aware of any lesson schedule changes due to your holiday travels, please let me know via e-mail.

Due to the illnesses and scheduling conflicts for some of you and the illnesses of my own children, some students will have had lengthy breaks in between lessons. For those students & any others who are interested, please complete the following homework assignments:
- Become "The Master" of 2 or 3 previously assigned songs. (Select 2 or 3 songs & brush them up! Work on the dynamics, fingering, rhythms etc.)
- Go to http://www.gmajormusictheory.org/Freebies/freebies.html OR http://www.8notes.com/piano_sheet_music.asp
- Then select sheet music that coordinates with the level of lesson books that you are working on. Print music that interests you & begin working on it. (There is Hanukkah, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Classical, Patriotic, Jazz, Blues, Religious, & Traditional Music on there and much more!) I will help when lessons resume
- Complete an internet search (with Parental Consent) on the composer and or title of one your recent songs.

Thank you for all of your prayers & warm wishes for our family!

Thank you for your patience & understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send your thoughts.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones