Friday, July 11, 2014

Preparing for a performance...

 I am often asked why I offer so many activities for students.  I offer group classes, nursing home recitals, formal winter recitals, personal in home recitals, Piano Guild and piano parties.  I offer these as an opportunity for students to participate in IF they choose to do so.  I believe that the more opportunities students have to perform in front of others the easier it becomes as students learn how to deal with all of the emotions and stresses of performing in a variety of settings.  Below is a link to a great article about overcoming performance anxieties.  Please check it out.

http://www.teachpianotoday.com/2014/07/02/how-to-teach-piano-students-to-overcome-performance-anxiety/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=how-to-teach-piano-students-to-overcome-performance-anxiety

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send your thoughts.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones