Thursday, September 16, 2010

The chill in the air...

Hello all!

For me, the fall is my most favorite season! I LOVE the cool evenings, the fall colors, college football and the back to school excitement! I am truly enjoying seeing all of our students back in the piano studio on a regular basis! I am enjoying watching everyone make terrific progress! I am loving the fact that I keep hearing many students (& parents) say that they are on a more regular practice schedule at home!

But fall also means that the winter holiday season is right around the corner!

So in the piano studio it means... preparing for the 4th Annual Winter Holiday Recital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I know, I know - most kids don't even know what they are going to dress up as for Halloween & I am talking to them about their favorite Christmas or Hanukkah songs! For Note-worthy Experiences, it is the biggest event with the biggest audience that we participate in! For me, it is the most fun! I have played the piano for 31 years now & my favorite music to play anytime of the year is Christmas music! So, bear with me as we start to "Deck the Halls" & "Jingle Bells" while sipping warm apple cider & decorate our houses with scarecrows & such!

I used to have a "rule" that I wouldn't "allow" students to start practicing Christmas music until after Halloween. Last year, I was very grateful that I broke my own rule & started a little earlier. After a fall of many students who were ill & my own entire family being ill with mild cases H1N1, MANY piano lessons were missed. So even with many missed lessons all of our pianists were able to do a terrific job at the recital, and at the countless mini recitals that were held in our pianists' homes for their friends & families!

With that said, when you hear a little holiday music so early in the fall - just smile! Oh, and be sure to mark your calendars for Saturday, December 18th! You won't want to miss this year's recital!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send your thoughts.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones